Tuesday, October 23, 2007

# 13 TAGGING

Tagging proved to be both interesting and somewhat overwhelming. I went to various sites and found that people have "tags" for a very broad number of topics, some of interest to me, but most not. Examples of ones I looked at were: Precious Moments, religions of the world, avitars, and iHCPL a Learning Experience. Whenever, I looked further, I found them to be very complex and the language used quite foreign to me and my limited profeciency with computer ese. The explanations were most likely easy to understand for someone who uses computers and their search possibilities on a daily basis. (I'm not able to do this as I am in circulation and not the reference desk.) However, I think if I were to need to research a given topic, or someone came to the library to search, having the capability of using the time and effort of someone before me who gathered links (tags) to a particular subject would be a godsend. They potentially could have thought and discovered related areas, that I may not have imagined.

No comments: