Wednesday, December 5, 2007

# 22 DOWNLOADABLE MEDIA

LIBRIVOX was easy to get to from our link. It showed latest news, new releases, links to catalog, & forums, how tos for listening & volunteering and much more. I thought the idea of being able to volunteer to read/record your voice reading chapters from books in public domain very interesting. There were also RSS feed links to community podcasts, book podcasts and news releases available. Something for everyone.

WOWIO was also easy to link to. I did however like the set up better in that right up front they showed catagories for selection, such as: title, author, ISBN, keyword ect. This appealled to me. They had additional features such as: featured publisher, featured book, book of the month, staff favorites, the top 10 books . All of this was visable from the first screen. It seemed to me that you had more of a selection on that one screen than in LIBRIVOX's opening screen. Since I am very careful as to which authors/publishers that I want to read/listen to, being able to access this information quickly, right up front was a great feature.

No comments: