Saturday, December 8, 2007

# 23 WOW!

This has been a very interesting journey. I said I couldn't do it, and at times I couldn't. At least not without the help of a more knowledgable, more computer savoy fellow worker. But I did get through all 22 other "things." Some items were much more difficult, and interesting than others. Some I just didn't really get the "hang of." The avitars were cute and fun to play with for a time, but I didn't see that they would really be of much value to me at HCPL. (Of course, the position I have held here, that of being behind the counter and not at the Information Desk, did not lend itself to helping anyone use the available resources. We were discouraged from using time to help anyone, and not do the job we were assigned to do.) However, it was good to know what is out there, and accessible for the patrons. Since I am one of the patrons, I now know what is available to me, as well. I did notice one thing that I would rather not have happened as a result of some of the exercises. My e-mail was overcrowded with "updates" that were totally unwanted. This would be a good thing, I guess, if I really wanted to subscribe to the topics/subjects as a patron and wanted the "latest" comment/blog from multiple people from around the globe. If I had the time, it would have been much more interesting to investigate each of these responses. But, time marched on, and I was squeezing this in, whenever I could grab a moment, often, on Tuesday nights, if we had a spare moment or two. I really need to use something multiple times in order to really thoroughly understand and feel comfortable using; you know: practice, practice, and more practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.