Tuesday, November 20, 2007

# 18 Social Networking

Social networking has quite a variety of possibilities out there. I did see one at least, that I would personally object to. This was a site devoted to the Ocult. It was called "Pagan Space.Net". It was under the Ning heading. I'm sure if I did a more extensive search, there would be others that would be offensive to me, but that was one that I would steer clear of, for sure. I did not get into the "Right Health" site, but it looked like it would have some benefit to me. You can ask health questions, and chat with others about health topics of personal interest. Often getting someone's observations can be helpful, if they are experiencing the same problem or have the same health condition. Their doctor may be using some other medication or procedure that might be able to help you also. As with anything you read, even hard copy from a book, you need to use common sense and make sure it is medically sound. I was a little skeptical about giving out an e-mail address ( therefore personal information) for My Space. I have avoided putting anything on any of the "23 things" that could link back to me personally. I probably would enjoy reading the "Dogster" site, as I enjoy learning about other peoples' pets. However, again, I would hesitate to put information about my pet that could possible refer back to me or my family. I guard our privacy carefully.

No comments: