Tuesday, November 27, 2007

# 20 YOUTUBE

Since I am an avid baseball fan, I first went to Sports as a catagory. After searching through several pages of various sports that I had no interest in, I then searched for baseball. Here again, I went throught several pages of baseball from around the league, world and comedy of errors. Then, I finally found the one I would like to view. It was: Houston Astros Baseball Fan Video. The originator of the video put together a series of pictures/home video from various games he had attended in the past. I really enjoyed looking at the statues, close-ups of players, action shots, fans and their different shirts, and all the shots of the field from different perspectives. The originator said in his blurb before the video started, that he hoped that this video would interest other fans so that they in turn will make a video of their experiences at games and they could connect through this medium.

If I had been quicker on the draw, I would have typed in a more specific topic, one that was limited to the specific area of sports that I wanted. However, looking at the broad variety of videos in sports, was helpful for a librarian to know what is out there. They would be able to direct a patron to either a wide variety of (in this case sports) videos on their topic, or to the more limited choices of a specific sport/division of the sport videos.

No comments: